Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Scandal Of Life

I am sitting here wondering where to begin. My coffee is now lukewarm at best, and Bob Dylan is playing on the record player. I have always enjoyed his music. I think there use to be part of me that was hoping I would be able to connect to my parents through his music. Now I just listen to it cause I personally enjoy it. His ability to tell a story. His rambling of a harmonica. The slight whine in his voice. Bob and I, well somehow I feel like I understand him. I am rambling now though. The truth is I don't know where to begin.

Life for me is not as simple as, "here's the beginning, this is my story, enjoy the journey". It's complicated. It's messy. It's more gray than black and white. It's more uncomfortable than comforting. It's filled with seemingly more lows than highs. My life, in short, is a scandal. 

And so it begins. My ramblings. My thoughts. My life as it unfolds bit by bit. I choose to begin here. In the middle of it all. Maybe at some point the whole story will be known. Maybe in the future it will all make sense. For now though, let's start here and see where it takes us.




No comments:

Post a Comment